- Limited availability and access of improved bean seed varieties
- Limited application of good agricultural practices (GAP) and Climate Smart Agricultural (CSA) practices and technology.
- Weak Support Service Market for Provision of Critical Bundled Services Relevant and Affordable to Farmers (BDS, Financial Services, Information and Extension).
- Limited Capacity to add value on CB resulting on overreliance on whole grain export and local markets.
- Limited capacity for initiating and sustaining inclusive business reforms (advocacy and dialogue) in rural localities where productive poor engage in commercial activities.
Introduce and test market system models and functions, with potential for sustainability and scalability, in Manyara region expected to lead to increased incomes of common beans (CB) farmers and job creation opportunities to the poor through the improvement of (Soya Njano, Njano Gololi, Red Motored, Bolote and Red Kidney) productivity and market access. Specific interventions are:
- Enhance capacity of private companies, farmer seed producer groups and public research institutions to ensure availability and access of improved seed varieties for smallholder women, men and youth farmers in Manyara region
- Facilitate smallholder women, men and youth farmers’ adoption of improved common bean seeds and Good Agricultural Practices in Manyara region.
- Facilitate establishment of collective action for accessing been seeds and markets for been products through AMCOS.
- Facilitate contractual arrangements between small scale women, men and youth farmers in farmer organizations and off takers in Manyara region.
- Enhanced access and Availability of improved seeds and Good Agricultural practices.
- Enhanced collaboration and market facilitation among value chain actors.